21 July 2010

Summer Walk


You know when it's so hot that the air feels thicker somehow, and the sun washes out the colors? It usually only happens to me on vacation (that I feel this way), but this year, with all that heat in Finland, I've felt it here, too. The grass has been burned and it is such an exotic sight! Browns and yellows... I feel like I'm in the Mediterranean. I love summer (especially this one)! (Are you getting tired of me saying it?)


We took a stroll to a nearby Kirppis (flea market) with the whole family. We made a few good finds, including two vintage Smena cameras for 6 € each! There was a beautiful Russian icon there as well. Painted on wood, framed in an old golden frame. J and I loved it, but we weren't sure if it was genuine, and it was a bit pricey, so we didn't buy it. Now I regret it. Maybe I'll go back today and hope it's still there.

PS. If I had to sum up my style in just a handful of pictures, these would be it. (And look, there is an icon on the wall, too!)

1 comment:

Nina said...

I like bright colours in my rooms, too. Some colourfull accents and natural colours like green plants and light brown fabrics. If you think of the colours our cats have, you know what I'm talking about :).