02 September 2010

Stars in random places


I know I said I'll take a little blogging break, and here I am again! :) But I will take that break, I have to. Our loft conversion is turning out to be a bit of a disaster (we have stairs now, yay, but they don't fit... how can they not fit, you ask? Given that we had not one, not two, but three people -- the architect, the contractor, and the guy from the stair company -- take measurements? Beats me.) It's all incredibly stressful right now. I'm re-doing Fé's room now, too, mostly because I'm sick of having to wait around for the garret to be finished, and also because I feel I need to do something. You see, I'm a little restless, and when I become restless, I usually move out and on to a new place, or a new country, kind of like Vianne in Chocolat, but I can't do that now. So instead of packing up and running away, I'm laboring my unease onto our walls (poor walls). :D

So the good news is, when I get back, I hopefully have a lot of pictures to share, of redone walls, of lofts, of a pink and yellow girls room.

PS. The perfect early September food: Hazelnut-encrusted salmon. It was so simple, but so good.

See you in around two weeks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you!!!
I'll send love and fitting stairs.
(maybe we should go somewhere for short weekend trip or something...)
waiting for pictures of new walls.

Nina said...

Gut zu wissen, dass ich nicht die einzige gestresste Person auf dieser manchmal so anstrengenden Welt bin. Immerhin, auf jede Anstrengung folgt in der Regel auch eine Belohnung - der Grund weshalb man sich anstrengt. Also wir warten gespannt auf die Bilder :).

Jude said...

I hope everything goes smoothly! I also like moving to different places and countries :) Love this beautiful shot (and the recipe - thank you!)

mäemamma said...

Being restless - I wish I didn't know what you're talking about! Sometimes my restlessness makes my stomach ache, now how silly is that?!
But it's good to know you're taking it out on walls. And there's nothing better than nice pink walls to soothe the ever restless mind :-)
I'll be waiting impatiently for the pics.
Till then, take care, go easy on the half-fitting staircase, and enjoy the golden autumn that's knocking on our doors...

Minna said...

Huh huh, I know the "being restless" feeling, you just have to do something...

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I'll miss it.

Aileen Kim said...

thank you for dropping by my blog and for leavin a sweet comment. I must say I fell head over heels in love with your blog. The pictures are just lovely! am a new fan.

Anonymous said...

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that we will all be here, waiting for you, when you return! I do know that "have-to-move-feeling"... Take care (!!!)

Anonymous said...

I found you through August Break. I love your blog. Amazing photos.

Hope everything goes well. :)

Vi said...

Viel Spaß beim Einräumen, Umräumen, Dekorieren und Wohlfühlen! Ich bin schon gespannt auf deine Fotos :)