25 September 2010

Days Like These...



... and how are you doing today? :D
... und wie geht's Euch heute so? :D

{And btw, I really appreciated all of your comments. To each one of you, thank you, for understanding, for dropping by, for leaving a note. It isn't that I'm saying we should be sad all the time, but I'm saying that sadness is also part of life, and there is a certain kind of beauty in it. There is no reason to hide it. There is no color without gray. :) And I want to be honest on this blog, and not come across like Santa Claus on Prozac, or as one of the commenters put it, a Stepford Wife. Some of the blogs I read make me feel inferior and incompetent because they only let me see their perfect side: happiness and bliss all the time. It's tiring, and a bit frightening. We are women, let's inspire each other with honesty, not pull each other down by pretending we are ever so perfect. So here you go. I'm not perfect. Quite the opposite. I haven't slept in over a week, trying to calm a fussy baby during the night. I'm cranky during the day. My eyes fell shut today while nursing, and it was the hardest thing, to force them to open up again. Our house looks like a pigsty, and I feel like hibernating for winter. Does all of that mean I'm not happy? No and no. I am very happy, very blessed. Happiness is a long-term thing, the joy you have in your heart, deep down, despite unpleasant circumstances. The last weeks have simply been rough, and that's okay, too.}

Oh, and I miss creating, I have a list of things that I've been wanting to make (among others, that no-sew pillow, Stine!)... but our place still isn't finished, and all my craft supplies are stored away in a box somewhere... and right now, honestly, I'm operating on pure survival mode. But having said this, I hope the rest of fall will see some creativity. And if nothing else, pictures of our loft... the girls room... hopefully before Christmas! :D

{Hallo, ich wollte einmal Danke sagen, an eine Jede von euch, für eure lieben Worte, euer Verständnis. Ich wollte nicht sagen, dass man immer Trübsal blasend durch die Welt gehen soll, sondern, dass Traurigkeit auch teil des Lebens ist, und dass man sie nicht immer verstecken sollte. Ohne Traurigkeit gibt's auch kein Glücklichsein. Beim Lesen mancher Blogs fühle ich mich inkompetent, weil dort immer nur ewige Perfektion vorgeführt wird. Und ich will hier nicht perfekt erscheinen, wie eine der Frauen von Stepford, oder ein mit Aufputschmitteln bestückter Weihnachtsmann. Im Gegenteil: ich bin ganz und gar nicht perfekt, und dass das bloss keiner denkt! Ich habe seit Wochen nicht richtig geschlafen, meine Augen fallen mir beim Stillen zu, und es verlangt mir sehr viel Selbstdisziplin ab, sie wieder zu öffnen. Tagsüber bin ich oft mürrisch, und wenn's ginge, würde ich gerne einen wohligen Winterschlaf abhalten, so wie dicke Brummbären. Bei uns zuhause sieht's derzeit aus wie bei Hempel's unter'm Sofa. Und heisst dass jetzt alles, dass ich unglücklich bin? Nein, sondern nur, dass ich normal bin. Dass die letzten Wochen ein bisschen holprig waren. Und das ist auch volkommen okay so.}

19 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

Hehe...way to not care about a clean house. Or well, if it's just a by-product of being tired and overwhelmed, still way to not do the least important things. My mom was a clean freak (still is) and I think she gave up a lot of chances to be a mom in order to clean. I've had to make some conscious choices to not be quite as extreme myself. Now I'm glad that I quit vaccuuming stairs, under couches and tables, corners I can't easily reach, that I quit folding my garments, never iron, don't pull my clothes inside out etc. when I put them away, leave dirty dishes over night, only clean my bathrooms once a week if that often...

It's hard being a mom. It's hard thinking/feeling like everyone else has a complete grip on everything in life while you just try to not pass out on the couch. I like to think that most of those images are fake, but sometimes it gets to me anyway. Sometimes even your blog is hard for me because I think you're so cool, and I'm not so cool. I think sometimes, it's just hard to be ourselves. :) Or, well, maybe that's just me.

Hang in there! Nothing wrong with falling asleep around your kids.

Hugs,
Fran

I think I need to go post a post now that I've had on my mind for the whole last week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Isa, haha, thank you for the honest look into your house!

Emil und die großen Schwestern said...

ja, man darf müde sein, und es darf unordentlich sein, so ist es bei uns meist seit emils geburt vor 3 jahren, aber es bedeutet leben, und ein spielendes kleines kind und 2 teenes die es nich schaffen aufzuräumen und gerne mit ihren freunden "rumchillen", laut music hören, ewig telefonieren, sich 3-mal am tag umkleiden, die wäscheberge wachsen....ja, ich bin müde und habe einen schlafdefizit von etwa 1000 stunden ( kein scherz, vor einigen tagen eine reportage gesehen. mütter haben ein jährliches schlafdefizit von mindestens 500 stunden im jahr.) aber ich bin glücklich, wenn ich das wort mama höre und das etwa 100-mal am tag. es ist schön, es ist leben es ist familie, es ist glücklichsein. trotzdem möchte ich morgen bis 10 schlafen und ich weiß, dass es ein traum bleibt. liebe grüße, éva

Nina said...

Ich würde sagen die kommende Kälte macht mich träge. Ich bin so ausgelaugt und unmotiviert von Stress der letzten Wochen und doch muss alles weiter gehen. Keine Zeit zum Rasten. Du kannst dir gar nicht vorstellen wie ich im Moment aussehe - wenn ich ungeschminkt bin. Man sieht mir an, wie es mir geht! Aber was solls... kann ja nur besser werden, oder?

Pamela said...

i love this post. hugs.

IPH said...

Oh, jaaa! Davon kann auch ich ein Liedchen singen! Wem gings denn noch nicht so? Wenn dann kommt sowieso alles auf einmal. Meine letzten Wochen waren ebenfalls sehr stressig, die neue Arbeit im Büro,dann wie du schon schreibst der alltägliche Kram und am Wochenende, ausruhen - ne war auch nicht drin, einen termin nach dem anderen. Baseballtuniere, Kuchen, backen, Salat machen, in der Hütte helfen, Organisieren und zu guter letzt hat mich dann auch noch ne dicke Erkältung um. Bei mir stapelt sich die Wäsche, die geh ich aber dann morgen auf den Grund - heute ist ausruhen und lesen angesagt.
Schick dir mal einen Knuddler rüber! Freue mich wenn jetzt die ruhigere Zeit anbricht und man wieder mehr lesen kann.

Minna said...

I love you honesty

Stine said...

hahaha, danke, die bilder haben mir meinen sonntagmorgen versüßt. hier siehts so ähnlich aus. übrigens hab ich wieder einen blog aufgemacht. aber eher als erinnerungshilfe für nette internetfundstücke und wegen der blogroll. lg, stine

Anonymous said...

This a is good & honest text. I wish I had known this blog and some conforting others while I was at home with the kids and felt a bit depressed and lonely. Why do we have to fill somekind of a perfect model (maybe in our heads), when everyday life in itself is so full of tiring details, you always get interrupted and things don't go as you planned...It's good to know that others feel the same. Mom K.

Annakaisa said...

I'm relieved to notice that I'm not the only one who has "days like these". Laundry just piles up, and yes, the dishes. It's noon and I still haven't taken a shower... and start to feel like the worst person ever. And I have only one child! What's my excuse??
Repentance needed... or just admitting that sometimes I'm only human.

Anonymous said...

Should I take some pictures too?
I wish you a good night sleep, but in the same time it helps to know that I'm not the only one struggling here.
hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty. It made me cry.

BTW, I admire your gift to express yourself. Your way of putting words together is...magical.

-Other Mommy

Annabella said...

Liebe Isa,
ich habe Dich lieb!
Und Du schaffst das. Vielleicht nicht heute, vielleicht auch nicht morgen, aber das macht nichts.
Wenn Du meine Bilder genauer ansiehst, kannst Du in fast jedem eine Umzugskiste entdecken, und der Kistenberg, auf den die kleine Bergziege Bela geklettert ist, ist noch nicht viel kleiner ...
Und die Küche ...
Hier ist es also nicht anders, und zu regnen hört es auch nicht auf.
Fühl Dich feste umarmt.
Annabella

mäemamma said...

Thanks a million, Isa!
The good it did to me the post of yours!
I viewed my own mess with a kinder look today...and that's quite something.

Tracey said...

Hey Isa,

You made me cry. I had one of those weeks just before going on holiday. When i think about it too much i kinda feel it creeping back but other than that i think i would call myself happy. Give yourself some time to be whoever you need to be this week then next week when it feels right, listen to some great music, watch a great film and pick yourself up and do something that might make you happy. Who cares about laundry? Well...until you have nothing to wear anyway!! Big hugs. xx

Isa said...

thanks everyone for the kind words (again!). How lovely of you to take the time to leave a comment. I'm glad I'm not "in it" alone! :)

Signe said...

Argh, just one of those days! Love the picture series though, made me giggle :)

sarafiina said...

thanks isa again for a great post.

what i think is great is that i think your sunny, happy and colourful posts are just as honest as this one. life has it's seasons and it's a gift to be able to notice the beautiful and happy sides of it as well. thanks for sharing both of them with us :)

Isa said...

Sara, what a nice thing to say. I worry, sometimes, that I come across as decadent, or silly, or superficial. But it really is like you say... I just happen to be a happy person (most of the time). :)